About Us

Friday, August 27, 2010

Daddy's Home!

Remember as a little kid the anticipation of waiting for 5 o'clock to roll around.  This meant that dad was due to show up any minute.  I 'm not sure who looks forward to this more: the kids or mom, but that doesn't really matter; as soon as the garage door opened someone would shout "Daddy's Home" and then you would rush to the door and attack your father with stories about what you did that day.
Welp, it is almost 5 o'clock on Friday and guess what...daddy is on his way home!

Daisy keeping watch out the patio door for the first sign of Daddy:
My husband's job has required that he be out of town M-F for the past 4 weeks which means that I've pretty much been a single dog-mom and let me tell you...it gets tiring!  I have a growing appreciation for real single parents who have to be both mom and dad to their kids.  They don't have anyone to tag-team with, bounce ideas off of, or just give them a break at the end of a long day.  Kudos to all you single parents out there, you deserve a lot of respect!
But back to my main point...Daisy does much better discipline-wise when Adam is home, there is just something about a man's commanding presence that has much more of an effect at getting her to stop doing whatever destructive task she has set her mind to at the moment.  Don't get me wrong, I can get my point across too, but it is so much nicer when I don't have to do all the disciplining myself.

In other news, when we got Daisy we went to Goodwill and got some stuffed animals for her to play with.  They have served us well, but here are their remnants:
Both animals have been totally gutted, shredded and in some cases turned inside out.  But Daisy still loves to play with them, so until there is only a sliver of fabric left I'm not buying new ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment